Thursday, August 6, 2015

Santorini, Greece 




Hello, my name is Celeste, and I am a travel ADDICT.  I blame my Mom for this fascination with traveling the world, for my eagerness to meet people from different cultures, to know how they live, what they eat, why they do the things they do.  I owe her for my adventurous spirit and my compassion, and for my desire to just go! 

Selfishly I started this blog to document and catalogue my travels, but I also realized that my adventures may help others who love to travel and are looking for a bit of inspiration.  My two main goals are usually (because there are always exceptions of course) to travel to the most exotic and interesting places I can find, and to do so on a reasonable budget.  I don't want to break the bank with one huge trip, because the day after I get back I am busy planning my next adventure!

When I first started to travel, I was of the 'let's wing it' mentality - opting to jump on a train at the last minute to head to a city I knew nothing about.  This has more recently morphed into a 'research everything' approach, mostly because I want to see so many places and am not sure when I'll be back, so I want to be assured that I see the top sights and live the most amazing experiences in each area.

Before a trip, I usually spend over 30 hours on multiple blogs, YouTube, and sites such as TripAdvisor to ascertain exactly where I want to eat, sleep, and play.  I realize that many people don't have time or energy for this type of research, so hopefully my highlights, recommendations, and reviews will help others in planning an amazing trip.  I am also hoping this blog will connect me with fellow travelers who can share their most memorable and exciting experiences, so that I can decide where in the world to go next!









No comments:

Post a Comment